The chaplain aide works with the troop chaplain to meet the religious needs of Scouts in the troop. He also works to promote the religious emblems program.
Reports to: The Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
· Assists the troop chaplain with religious services at troop activities.
· Tells the Scouts about the religious emblem program for their faith.
· Makes sure religious holidays are considered during troop program planning.
· Helps plan for religious observance in troop activities.
· Set a good example.
· Attends at least 2/3 of the monthly events during his service period.
· Wear the Scout Uniform correctly.
· Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
· Show Scout spirit.
Expectations of the Chaplain Aide
- Will conduct a Sunday morning worship services at campouts
- Will consist of at least a prayer and 2 songs
- Will lead a prayer before each dinner
- Will lead a prayer before any special meals or events
- Maintains the Troop Clothing recycling
- Maintains the Troop Lost and found and donates clothing
- Provides Tax receipts for donated clothing.
- Encourage scouts to participate earn their appropriate religious emblems (Presentation to scouts)
Sample Interfaith Prayers and Benedictions
Troop Worship Opportunities
Scouts Own Service