The Troop Scribe keeps the troop records. He records the activities of the Patrol Leaders' Council (PLC) and keeps a record of dues, advancement, and Scout attendance at troop meetings.
Reports to: The Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
Troop Scribe duties:
· Attend and keep a log of Patrol Leaders' Council (PLC) Meetings.
· Record attendance at troop functions.
· Record advancement in troop records
· Work with the troop committee member responsible for finance, records, and advancement.
· Have good attendance at Troop meetings.
· Attends at least 2/3 of the monthly events during his service period
· Set a good example.
· Enthusiastically wear the Scout Uniform correctly.
· Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
· Show Scout spirit.
Expectations of a Scribe:
- Maintain and updated attendance sheet
- Ensure that the attendance is taken for each meeting
- Ensure that the attendance of those who camped out is collected
- Present attendance at the end of every month to the Scoutmaster
Patrol Leaders Council
- Take the attendance of the council meeting
- Take notes for any decisions in the PLC meetings
- Document and communicate the minutes of the meeting to the members of the PLC and to the Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmasters
Elections or New Scouts Arrive
- Ensure that the attendance sheets are updated.
- Ensure that the work sheets for permission slips and money are updated with the new scouts.
- Review material on web site and ensure that all names and forms are updated
- Work with web master to make updates to rosters
- Document new positions and communicate them to the troop and web master
Notes: All attendance is electronically recorded. Loss of this information impacts all scouts and the troop. Please ensure that it is collected and turned in appropriately.